The Way of Liberation by Adyashanti
  • First off I'd like to apologize for the empty thread I created that is below this one. I wanted to delete it but couldn't so I just deleted all the content of it.

Adyashanti is a spiritual teacher and this is his free book from his website. I would highly recommend anyone who has ever had an interest in meditation or spiritual awakening or even Tony wrights theory to check it out. It's only 70 pages but it it's by far the best book on meditation that I have ever read.

This is the book http://www.adyashanti.org/library/The_Way_of_Liberation_Ebook.pdf. Or just google "adyashanti way of liberation pdf"

This is not a new belief system to take on. Far from it. Again I would highly highly recommend it and it's FREE :)

These are some quotes by Adyashanti:

“the notion that we are separate is not really true; it’s all made up. It’s all conjured up in our mind. It’s one big dream that we have. The difficulty with this dream is that almost everybody around us is having the same dream. It’s essentially the collective dream of humanity. So it’s not just you or me that’s dreaming; almost all human beings are also having this dream of being separate, of being completely other than the world around them. What this means is that we really have to look within ourselves quite deeply, because we’re not only looking beyond our own deluded mind, our own misunderstanding; we’re looking beyond the delusion of the entirety of humanity.”
    ― Adyashanti, Falling Into Grace

“By identifying with a particular name that belongs to a particular body and mind, the self begins the process of creating a separate identity. Add in a complex jumble of ideas, beliefs, and opinions, along with some selective and often painful memories with which to create a past to identify with, as well as the raw emotional energy to hold it all together, and before you know it, you've got a very convincing - though divided - self.”
    ― Adyashanti

“Ego is neither positive nor negative. Those are simply concepts that create more boundaries. Ego is just ego, and the disaster of it all is that you, as a spiritual seeker, have been conditioned to think of the ego as bad, as an enemy, as something to be destroyed. This simply strengthens the ego. In fact, such conclusions arise from the ego itself. Pay no attention to them. Don’t go to war with yourself; simply inquire into who you are.”
    ― Adyashanti

“Enlightenment is the natural state of consciousness, the innocent state of consciousness, that state which is uncontaminated by the movement of thought, uncontaminated by control or manipulation of mind.”
    ― Adyashanti, True Meditation: Discover the Freedom of Pure Awareness

“If you strip it of all the complex terminology and all the complex jargon, enlightenment is simply returning to our natural state of being. A natural state, of course, means a state which is not contrived, a state that requires no effort or discipline to maintain, a state of being which is not enhanced by any sort of manipulation of mind or body—in other words, a state that is completely natural, completely spontaneous.”
    ― Adyashanti, True Meditation: Discover the Freedom of Pure Awareness

“Enlightenment is a destructive process. It
    has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the
    crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing
    through the facade of pretence. It's the
    complete eradication of everything we
    imagined to be true.”
    ― Adyashanti

“The greatest dream that we can have is to forget that we are dreaming.”
    ― Adyashanti, The Way of Liberation

“The truth is that you already are what you are seeking.”
    ― Adyashanti

“All that is necessary to awaken to yourself as the radiant emptiness of spirit is to stop seeking something more or better or different, and to turn your attention inward to the awake silence that you are.”
    ― Adyashanti

“Real meditation is not about mastering a technique; it’s about letting go of control. This is meditation. Anything else is actually a form of concentration. Meditation and concentration are two different things. Concentration is a discipline; concentration is a way in which we are actually directing or guiding or controlling our experience. Meditation is letting go of control, letting go of guiding our experience in any way whatsoever. The foundation of True Meditation is that we are letting go of control.” - Adyashanti

“Enlightenment is nothing more than the complete absence of resistance to what is. End of story.”
    ― Adyashanti

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=907okL6bJ8A

there are many talks of adyashantis on youtube. And if one is familiar with the internet its easy to find a lot of stuff online for free.

A lot of what he talks about sounds very similar to what tony wright has said. That we all have two selves. An imaginairy self thats all in our heads (what we think we are. Our name, gender, good or bad, occupation, etc.. Ego? and then what seems to be our true 'self' but that what we really are isnt anything we ever imagined.

Hes said "you are that in which all this experience is happening".

How many of us are constantly living in our heads? My mind is usually always going. Try not thinking for a day, an hour, even a minute! The mind thinks even when I dont want it too. Makes me feel like I have something wrong with my brain. The kind of meditation Adyashanti talks about is very different than the stuff we might be familiar with. He says this is all about letting go of control. Completely letting go of all resistance to what is.

• cant delete comments accidently quoted instead of editing

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion