Has Anyone Experienced Right Brain Consciousness?
  • DanielDaniel
    How did you do it and what is it like?

• RobinRobin
    I think when we sleep, the right brain is less subjugated. Certainly dreaming, we have imagination and a bigger picture perspective which is pretty uninterested in every day logic and rules. I find that the most creative part of my day is the first few minutes after sleep, and I sometimes have a particular set of topics to research at that time, ones where I think I need a fresh approach.

I did quite a lot of lucid dreaming as a kid, which is kind of a mixture of sleeping and waking. All the self-determination and emotions, but none of the sensory data processing, no muscle control needed. I could lucid dream more or less at will, and so for a couple of months, but I eventually gave up because I didn't feel as restful as ordinary sleep. Taking control of dreams does take more 'energy' than just letting them unfold, so I opted for the latter option.

However, it was an exhilerating experience, and since reading left in the dark, I've wondered whether it wasn't an important one in strengthening the connections between the hemispheres... There's a research idea there.
  • DanielDaniel
    I've done a lot of lucid dreaming myself but it isn't really what I'm looking for. It seems to be more of a downgrade of perception than an upgrade. It's really disorienting and fuzzy, you know? Is it just me?
  • _ts__ts_
    Dreaming is like a whole other life which we only remember a tiny percentage of. The more we build awareness of it, the more it can grow and evolve. Naturally there is a lot of differentiation in how we all think of it then, especially since dreaming itself is pretty much a realm of experience where anything can happen.

Lucid dreaming has been incredible beyond words for me, so I don't even know where to start. I've had life changing experiences through a number of methods from plant medicines to yoga, meditation, or spontaneously, and lucid dreaming is right up there with some of the most powerful of methods (of course they all go best together, and I think other things in my life have undoubtedly impacted my dream life). I like to just sit and meditate in lucid dreams sometimes, as this has helped me remain calm (thus preventing me from waking up), and can bring me into incredible states of bliss, oneness, and understanding. Many lucid dreams feel much realer than this waking consciousness, and I feel an incredible 'afterglow' the next morning. 

It's not always about taking control in it either. Sometimes you just have to roll with whatever is unfolding.

Anyways, back to the original question...What ways have you experimented with? A number are mentioned in the book and many places besides, and there is certainly no shortage of reports out there about things such as meditation, yoga, OBEs, NDEs, psychedelics, and so on, both ancient and modern. Words don't really do it justice though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion