Ways to get the word out!
  • _ts__ts_
    Now that this site is finally up, i think its important that we all come together and share as much information/ideas/experiences/questions as we can in order to better understand just what is going on here, and the possible paths there are for moving forward in a safe and productive manner. But along with that, it seems to me that we should all think about what we can do both individually and collectively to spread awareness of this material in as many ways as possible- in addition to sharing a link to the forum with those who are already aware of it.

Its all useless unless this idea/evidence reaches the worlds collective attention; which is all that is really needed for the "theory" to either sink or fly. In my opinion its almost inevitable that this happens eventually, but we should push it along in every way we can...so... lets get the ball rolling eh?!

We can put our heads together and compile any ideas in this thread. Any group project ideas (such as a video) are also welcome!

Some obvious ways forward:

-Sharing the info with friends and family, and others via email, facebook, twitter, personally ect.

-Email authors, podcasts, researchers, professors, filmmakers, scientists, philosophers, philanthropists, meditators, news columnists, organizations, ect... anybody and everybody.

-You can even print out copies of a LITD flyer and pin them up all over public places. Put these all over public places, train stations, campus's, festivals, ect. Heres the flyer: http://leftinthedark.org.uk/sites/default/files/tony now left in the dark poster a4 for new seminar copy.jpg

-Posting it on forums of all kinds: LITD covers areas ranging from diet, anthropology, psychedelics, meditation, neuroscience, sex, ect... so virtually any forum will do. Many different topics can be focused on. From ‘a revised theory of human evolution’, to ‘the function of female orgasm’, to ‘what mystic practices are actually achieving’ and ‘ancestral nutrition’...an example: http://www.disinfo.com/2013/01/i-understand-philip-k-dick/

- Submit LITD information to online news websites of all kinds (or even your local news station). Request that they do a story on this, or do one yourself! ... For instance, through the lens of one of the example topics quoted above.

-Ask your local paper or radio station to run a story ect...Email magazines about this material and request they run a story. Be creative, there is countless many avenues to explore here folks

- Make an informational video on the theory of species wide brain damage and/or your own experiences with the material... and post it all over the place! People like reading stuff, but more and more these days in our entertainment saturated/distracted culture people want their information delivered via videos/podcasts/animation/ect.. We could really use a person with some decent video making skills to help create an informational youtube vid. I'd be willing to help plan it out in any way I can.

• _ts__ts_
    Whew! Sorry for the long winded post

Its just that at this point, after years of researching this and experimenting, I'm convinced there is something BIG going on here. Whether some minute details are right or wrong, the general theory holds together incredibly well, and self-experimentation confirms the basic idea to.

This stuff just has to get out there.

If anyone has any other ideas, or wants to expand upon anything i already mentioned, post it up!
  • Hi ts , could you elaborate on your self experimentation please , what techniques did you use and the what you felt . Thanks
  • DACDAC
    Good Ideas TS,

As you know, my partner and I, are trying to breakthrough via the academic arena; we are going to update and improve our paper in the future, and hopefully, publish the findings.

We have an acute sense and awareness of the difficulties in relation to the present prominent, "ruling", paradigm in the fields of anthropology and paleontology, but we will overcome stones in the path :)

It is simply a matter of providing and relating sufficient, understandable, context.
  • _ts__ts_
    Hey Andy

Well i've tried a lot of things in a lot of different variations, so i can't sum it all up in one post...but so far i feel better than I ever have. The glimpses have always been nearly impossible to describe in left-brain lingo, but mind blowing is a gross understatement.

Since i didn't want to derail this discussion to much, i made a post in the 'practical methods' section asking what everybody is trying. Feel free to ask anything there.

http://forum.leftinthedark.org/discussion/4/so-what-have-you-all-been-trying

DAC, thanks for all that you do!
  • SLQSLQ
    ts, the ideas surrounding Tony's inspired distillation of fact ....have been with us forever - they've not been lost, for they possess a life-force I have seen as immortal. They could be found in many places, almost anywhere in fact. But what this forum allows, in fact sustains and nourishes, is a kitchen we can all participate in ....and contribute to.... That is really all we can do! Each according to his capacity.

The residue of the world we have created in the bizarre illusion we call 'civilization' will perish of its own weight - its collective Karma so great none who are part of it can withstand its destiny. A small fact most might not know: the Hopi culture is probably the longest living culture to have survived the great slide back into devolution we have wrought. It has endured twenty-some thousand years - and the elders have been expecting this moment forever ....when the 'secrets' are brought back to the fertile earth where they can once again flourish.

Many of the details of our lost wisdom are still buried in the veiled history that has all but obliterated them, but they will all come bubbling to the surface again with the goodwill and integrity we shall bring to bear here. We enjoin ourselves to this network of goodwill.
  • acdmacacdmac
    Hello, I am a 24 year old from Scotland and I am very intrigued by this subject. This might sound silly but I'm going to say it anyway. To get this out to a wider audience, what about raising funding to make a documentary about the subject?

It could include all the research from the book and experiences that people have had. There are documentaries with certain levels of success like DMT: The Spirit Molecule which was also based on a book.

Now, I don't know exactly how you go about this but I think it would help get it out to a wider audience. Unfortunately, our generation would rather watch something on a screen than sit down with a book. I guess it is an idea to appeal to the masses. It is certainly not the most cost-effective method but I wonder if it could be a possibility in the distant future. What does everyone think?
  • _ts__ts_
    I agree, the hard part is just funding it. Theres more on this here http://leftinthedark.org.uk/node/21

A kickstarter was put up a few years ago about this http://leftinthedark.org.uk/node/1029 , but the planned mainstream coverage pulled their support suddenly, so awareness of it never really got out there.

If anyone has decent video editing skills we could together make some pretty good youtube videos on this information, which might help it reach folks interested in making a documentary at some point... and would at the very least it would help out with spreading awareness and generating some funds in the process.
  • DACDAC
    I may have the skill, but I currently lack the necessary computer power :-), but this will hope-fully change in the future...!!!
  • moesymoesy
    Hi guys. This is my first post on here.

A good way to promote this idea is to sell the idea in such a way that it can benefit the person who is reading about it for the first time. It isn't any use telling a person that they are not functioning properly when they have an ego. You can't walk up to someone and just blurt out 'you're brain damaged'! We need to massage the ego in such a way that the news of the diminished brain will inspire the person. Maybe a catchy name? I'm working on it!
  • moesymoesy
    DAC said:

I may have the skill, but I currently lack the necessary computer power :-), but this will hope-fully change in the future...!!!

• Andymcl84Andymcl84
    Hello everyone , I was wondering if any of you listen to podcasts? I think this is an excellent media platform for Tony's work. I listen to london real and the joe rogan experience, the shows are on for around 3 hours , which is a good amount of time for tony to get his point across . These shows are "conscious" shows , they have guests like dr rupert sheldrake and graham Hancock , so you can imagine that Tony's work would be of interest here, I have personally sent messages of suggestion to both shows through twitter and Facebook but as yet had no reply ? Does tony ever visit this forum or comment ?
  • _ts__ts_
    Hey Andy, 

Yeah I'm familiar with those podcasts and I've suggested it to both of them, but so far no luck. A while back Joe mentioned that he would read my interview with Tony and take a look at the book, but I'm not sure if he ever got around to it.

I think if enough supporters of Tony's work express their suggestion with a given media outlet then it might just make it onto the line up. Once more of their listeners start sharing the same interest in something there is much more incentive for them to actually take a look at it.

And if anyone knows any other podcasts or radio shows that would be potentially interested in addition to these ones, then let us all know!
  • Andymcl84Andymcl84
    Hi all , I have mailed Brian rose from London real and he said that someone has mentioned tony before. He said he is "definitely" going to look him up . I think this media platform is the way to go for Tony's work , and after speaking with tony I know he is well up to do these podcasts . If you would like to contact and also make a suggestion about tony too ;) then go to www.londonreal.tv
    Thank you
  • Andymcl84Andymcl84
    What is going on in this forum . Spammers have entered noooooooooooo

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion