• Andymcl84Andymcl84
    Hi everyone i watched this video and thought you guys might like this :)

http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html
  • acdmacacdmac
    I've read the book, I'd highly recommend!
  • SLQSLQ
    Her [Jill's] presentation was a beautiful, even gorgeous, exposition of the very threshold of reality. Her insights even caught sight of the Path in the midst of the chaos the left brain is capable of suffering ....because it has to contend with a materium that her brother was too sensitive to face. 

So many people are that disoriented by the reality we [as a society, family, body social & political] are trying to inflict on the tender, sensitive beings that sometimes just walk right into it.... These poor sufferers are unprepared for that reality ....and so retreat into another construct, sometimes, often really, bizarre because of the insistence they are surrounded by ....which tells them they must accept the insane as 'sane', the vicious and sadistic as 'just' ....a world in which the informed and learned and rich and powerful are seen as magicians able to so effect the grand illusion that so many of us blindly acknowledge ....as truth.

My god what have we become....!

At one point [really at a couple of points but let me keep this simple] in our sail to Edenhope last week, a large pod of dolphins surrounded and swam with us.They were really expressing their LovingKindness with us ....as long as they were secure in knowing our agenda. I went to the bow to 'talk' with them ...and they responded kindly. We then did stop and idled so that a young couple [she a scientist and he a mariner] could swim with them ....but immediately they withdrew to a safe distance and lolled about there seen by their fins quietly idling in the really calm sea we had.... The primal fear had sadly displaced their spontaneous joy ....and it was clear as a bell to me.  Solomon Islanders had recently slaughtered a thousand of their brothers, sisters and children....!  

I try when I have the chance to relieve the burden that some of us are born with ....to see and have no basis for any but so great a revulsion as to become 'sick' of what we see.... [such as Jill''s brother] Then, the real cure is not to get them to adjust to our collective pathology but free them from taking upon themselves so much responsibility for it....!

AhhMen! 

thanks for posting the TED link, Andy.... 
  • Andymcl84Andymcl84
    No problem SLQ :) you have amazing writing skills . As DAC has already said in previous posts that you can feel the truth in your words . Have you wrote any books ?
  • SLQSLQ
    you're too kind.... perhaps it's just that I feel passionately about Truth and Love ....this is my reality >....we no doubt share some of these values - i know DAC does, and ts and others whose voices ring in this space.....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion