Recommended YouTube talk: Rupert Sheldrake at EU 2013—"Science Set Free"
  • dfhdfh
    Rupert Sheldrake giving a wonderful presentation about scientific dogma. To me, the examples he cover are a good illustration of the result of our left-brains hi-jacking science, promoting theories to fact when there isn't even much evidence to support the theories. Examples from this talk are our general belief that the laws of nature (gravity, speed of light etc.) are constant, and our view of nature as being a machine rather than a living, evolving organism.

YouTube description:

"Many scientists like to think that science already understands the ways of the natural world. The fundamental questions are answered, leaving only the details to be filled in. The impressive achievements of science seemed to support this confident attitude. But recent research has revealed unexpected problems at the heart of physics, cosmology, biology, medicine and psychology.

Dr. Sheldrake is a biologist and author of more than 80 scientific papers and 10 books, including Science Set Free (September 2012)."

Update (thank you _ts_):

And here is the YouTube video:

• DACDAC
    Thank you! Lovely, truly, valuable, information.
  • _ts__ts_
    Rupert Sheldrake has some very interesting ideas. I'm about halfway through his book "science set free" (titled the science delusion in the UK) and its a great read so far.

Sadly, him and Graham Hancock's excellent Ted Talks were censored sometime last week.

By the way, I couldn't see a youtube vid in your post; is this the one your talking about?
  • dfhdfh
    haha thanks man! weird, i must have forgotten to add it!
  • dfhdfh
    i was not aware of him being censored from TED, what a shame! do you have a link with more information?
  • DACDAC
    Yeah, I found the video via youtube search, I just assumed you were going to make us work for it hehehe :-)
  • Andymcl84Andymcl84
    Thank you dfh :)
  • acdmacacdmac
    Would it be a possibility to have a thread dedicated to the sharing of ideas such as the one above?

For example, a poster here mentioned a book about brain training by Michael Lavery which I have read and then started implementing some of the exercises into my daily practise. Anything related to Left in the Dark that could be of some benefit to us all.

The reason I love online forums is I always seem to stumble upon something new. I found out about 'Left in the Dark' through the forum Mycotopia.
  • dfhdfh
    if you mean a thread you can start it yourself if you like to! if you mean a category to collect all these kinds of posts, i could add it. what were you thinking of?
  • SLQSLQ
    The Sheldrake lecture invites the kind of freedom that Tony exemplifies in 'Left In The Dark'.....  What's more, it is the most truthful aspect of Logic that seemingly prevails when the mind is stripped of prejudice.  Unfortunately, it does not yet allow for the creativity implicit in cause and effect ....or the creative leap by which mysterious mechanism evolution actually can and does take place. 

Ah, yes, it is this genuine LovingPlace nurtured by Truth ....that, if anything, best explains the flow of Reality we share ....once we are fortunate enough to become awakened.....  Sheldake's gentle reproach to the tyranny of a world movement that is, in fact, almost excuses the vicious, predatory assault on sensitive souls caught up in the torment of open minds trapped and imprisoned in a virtual insane asylum.... and the tragic impact of such indifference in the wider world outside of academia.

I am able, quite easily, to have patience for such brilliance ....that in spite of the dogmas that prevail relentlessly upon us all .....he manages to make some sense [even if in the narrow confines of scientific exposure]. God help the poor bastards, though, who suffer so from the pain inflicted by the ignorance and dogma it trains upon us as its weapons that rend our flesh and blood continue unabated ....as well as upon the heart of gold that would just emerge ....if indeed it could [like the little fire engine].

It is, after all, not an intellectual enterprise that the mirror engenders in its reflection but Reality....!  The conundrum is ....the Truth has always been present. Most have just forgotten how to see it!  

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion